Monday, 19 September 2011

To all food lovers out there, my love for cooking started when I was all of six years old and my dad taught me how to cook a humble fried egg. Little did I realize that standing on a little stool frying the perfect egg, would begin my journey with cooking. I loved making the sunday morning eggs and enjoying the absolute delight on my aunts face as I topped it with melty cheese with sausages on the side. Cooking for me has always been a way of showing someone how much I love them. Akin to a full fledged marriage, my relationship with cooking has constantly evolved and changed. It started probably with proving a point of my ability to a source of absolute pleasure in creating something exquisite from some of the most basic ingredients. In college, I started to experiment with different cuisines but unfortunately never had the money to afford the pleasure of  "chicken in white wine". My solution turned out to be trying to make it at home at of-course my mothers expense.... they weren't complaining though!! when money was no longer the limiting factor the sheer challenge of creating something that was considered difficult to make was a motivator. So I tried my hand at Sushi amongst other things!

Through this blog I hope to share my love of food and cooking with others like me and hopefully ensure that I don't forget any of the recipes that I have used over the years. Love to hear from other Bawarchi's by night!

No comments:

Post a Comment